Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hongdae J-vistro Hwayouil


J-vistro Hwayouil (화요일)

Next to Time Guesthouse, there is a small little Japanese bistro/pub. Their menu mainly consists of various forms of udon, as well as curry. There is also an assorted sake and anju (side dish for drinking) menu for those who go there later on in the day and want to drink, eat, and just relax with friends and/or colleagues.



The interior of the restaurant is very comfortable and welcoming. As you can see the place is not too big, and can only accommodate maybe 10-12  people inside. However during crowded times, especially around dinner, there is also an outside patio set up with tables for those who prefer to eat and drink outside.


Seafood Yakiudon

The first time I came here was at night with my boss. We drank a bottle of very smooth sake and ate Seafood Yakiudon. I was incredibly spicy but it mixed well with the sake's light flavor.


Shrimp Curry

I came here during lunch time the second time. The shrimp curry was delicious, and tasted very unique compared to other curry places I have tried in Seoul. 


Shrimp Curry Udon

My favorite dish was the Shrimp Curry udon, a perfect blend of two of my favorite foods. It looks similar to Shrimp Curry, but it had a slightly different taste, which in my opinion was much more exquisite.


The chef and waitress relaxing after the lunch hour rush. The service here is great, the staff is friendly, and the food is not only quickly prepared, it is also incredibly delicious. If you have a chance to walk around the Time Guesthouse area, I highly recommend coming here to stop in for a bite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment