Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hongdae Cafe Planet and Molly's Pops




My absolute favorite thing to do in Hongdae is walk around looking for interesting cafes and restaurants. One such cafe I found this week was Cafe Planet. As I was walking by, I was immediately drawn to the cozy and unique atmosphere of this cafe and decided I had to give it a try.


The cafe has five different areas to sit, three inside and two outside.  Following the theme of the cafe, the walls were lined with planet and space related paintings. There is also a small section in the cafe were you can buy Cafe Planet themed paraphernalia and other unique items.


Here is one of the cute little outdoor patios for customers to sit and enjoy the nice weather.


The light cover is made out of plastic space shuttle model molds. It is by far one of the most adorable lighting concepts I have ever seen in a cafe.


Carmel Macchiato


Genmai Tea

 

Afterwards, I stopped by a desert store located right next to the Cafe Planet coffee shop called Molly's Pops. The weather has been so hot recently so ice cream sounded like a perfect way to beat the heat.


The shop has a variety of different flavors such as fruit (strawberry, melon, blueberry, etc), chocolate, and coffee. They even have some distinct flavors like beer and wine for those who are adventurous enough to try them. 


We ended up buying mint chocolate and dark chocolate ice pops, both were very delicious. Next time I am in the area I definitely want to try out some of the other flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment