Monday, July 16, 2012

Hongdae Oyori Organic Restaurant


Oyori

It is very difficult for me to find places to eat in Korea, as I am a vegetarian. However, all hope is not lost. Through my travels around Seoul I have stumbled across a few vegetarian friendly restaurants thanks to internet blogs, friends, and during random sightseeing adventures. Yesterday I happened to find an amazing organic restaurant called Oyori in Hongdae. 


What is the meaning of the "O" in Oyori?? What I thought was just a quirky name actually stands for several different things. The most interesting one of all is #3, the interpretation of "oh" when tasting an exquisite dish.


They occasionally have special events and seasonal dishes, all posted outside of the restaurant.


Korean and foreign cooks working together to make delicious and unique food. This is the first place I have seen foreigners working in a restaurant in Seoul. I was pleasantly surprised seeing this, as all of the staff looked very comfortable and friendly working together in the kitchen. There were workers from several different places, all speaking Korean to each other and to the customers. It made me determined to improve my Korean ^^/.


Oyori has a very comfortable and stylish atmosphere.  




Malaysian Fried Rice 

I decided to order this dish, which was the best decision ever. It was spicy, but not spicy enough to make me cry like some other dishes I have tried here in Korea. The dish had a perfect blend of pineapple, vegetables, and rice. Although I shared with one other person, I very well could have finished of this whole thing by myself in 5 minutes, it was that good. :)


Szechuan Seafood Noodle

Although this is not vegetarian friendly, it is a very delicious dish for seafood lovers. Despite its name, it is not very spicy, and includes very tasty ingredients. Although I didn't eat any of the seafood, the person I was with seemed to enjoy the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment